Mixed Tape | Let’s Get Physical
Did you know the average weight gain from Halloween through New Years is eight pounds? EIGHT POUNDS! Eight pounds on this bod would put me pretty close to the Mendoza Line. Google “Mendoza Line” and you’ll understand my reference. It’s not good people, not good. The other day I tweeted that I was tired of feeling sluggish and just plain gross on the inside followed by the hashtag #challenge25. My goal is to lose twenty-five pounds in the next six months. And it’s gonna be a challenge because, well, I’m lazy.
But since I shared my weight loss goals with the Twitterverse – and now my fellow Tribers – it’s time I make some changes. First, I’m tiptoeing into the world of clean eating. But we all know diet alone won’t yield the results I’m looking for so I’ve also registered for the local “Turkey Trot” – a 5K race on Thanksgiving morning.
My “Couch to 5K” training begins immediately and I desperately need some jams to kick this booty into gear. So, I’ll leave you with my personal list of heart-pumping-feet-pounding tunes. It’s not the most sophisticated mix or even the coolest but I’ve found that this collection always motivates.
- Imma Be – Black Eyed Peas
- Good Vibrations – Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
- In Da Club – 50 Cent
- The Pretender – Foo Fighters
- Make Some Noise – Beastie Boys
- The Choice is Yours – Black Sheep
- I’m A Slave for You – Britney Spears
- Groove Is In the Heart – Deee-Lite
- What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger) – Kelly Clarkson
- Lose Yourself – Eminem
- MoneyGrabber – Fitz and the Trantrums
- Promiscuous – Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland
- Blue Orchid – The White Stripes
- Let’s Get Back – No Doubt
- Raise Your Glass – Pink
- Give Me Everything – Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo
- Don’t Cha – The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes
- Jackson – Waxapples
- Zero – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Hey Mr. D.J. – Zhane
Twenty songs, 1.2 hours. And now I’m headed out to dust off the treadmill. Who’s up for joining me in #challege25? Too much? How about leave us with your top 5 best workout songs!
Disclosure: On occasion, contributors of The Trend Tribe receive products, compensation and/or services gratis or at discounted rates. This practice does not influence the contributor’s point of view or the outcome of the review. All descriptions are factual and accurately reflect the reviewers experience. The opinions are their own. Photo credit: iStock Photo and here