The Best of… 2013 Golden Globe Awards
Let’s chat. So what did all you trendsetters think of the 2013 Golden Globe awards last night? I personally thought this year’s Golden Globe ceremony was fantastic, and I am willing to go on record and say that I think Tina Fey + Amy Poehler are the best award show hosts ever. Seriously, I cannot think of any other awards show that I enjoyed and laughed at more.
Not only did they bring their A-game and knock the opening number out of the park, but Fey + Poehler raised the bar. In fact, they aren’t pounding down the ‘Boys Club’ door, they’ve kicked it wide open. Last night was quite impressive. Congrats to that hysterical duo! And cheers to GIRL POWER!
I seriously have Golden Globes on the brain. I woke up with all of these notes floating around in my head and please tell me I’m not alone! I would really love for someone…anyone…to chime in!
What are your opinions on these random thoughts I cannot stop thinking about?:
- Was I imagining that Tommy Lee Jones was asleep during 90% of the acceptance speeches?
- How I wish someone would’ve gotten Lena Dunham a cute pair of Tieks pronto. Help a GIRL out!
- I’m so confused. Did anyone understand what Jodie Foster was trying to convey? It was like one giant ‘maybe this’ or ‘maybe that’. So is she retired? Tackling something new? Moving to Grey Gardens?
- Where was Brad + Angelina? And more importantly, when is Maddox going to be named Mr. Golden Globe?
- I’m obsessed with Julia Roberts jumpsuit.
- How sad I am about Halle Berry’s dress and make-up? She’s a knock-out, but there was way too much going on.
- I liked Lucy Liu’s dress. It’s growing on me and I think she rocked it.
- Did Jessica Chastin have the same dress as Claire Danes, but in a different color?
- Anne Hathaway’s hair is perfect.
- I love Don Cheadle.
- Could Jennifer Lawrence be just a little excited during her acceptance speech and not so entitled?
- Did anyone see Nene Leaks? She looked AWE-SOME!
- My husband might leave me for Kristen Wiig.
- Life is good because Paul Rudd’s in it.
Now shall we get to the important stuff? The deets…
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards ‘Best of…’ list:
Best Dressed Men : Ross Mathews, Daniel Day Lewis, Jon Hamm, George (as if you don’t know who I’m talking about,) and Robert Downey Jr.
Best Dressed Women : Salma Hayek, Kate Hudson, Olivia Munn, Amy Poehler, + Kerry Washington
Best Speech : Adele
Best Moment : BILL CLINTON
Best Hair : Jennifer Lawrence + Bradley Cooper + Anne Hathaway
Best Make-up : Emily Blunt
Cutest couple at the Prom : Emily Blunt + John Krasinski tied with Kristen Bell + Dax Shepard
Best dress color : Taylor Swift, Zooey Deschanel
Best Presenters : Kristen Wiig + Will Ferrell BOOM!
Who did I miss?
Disclosure: On occasion, contributors of The Trend Tribe receive products, compensation and/or services gratis or at discounted rates. This practice does not influence the contributor’s point of view or the outcome of the review. All descriptions are factual and accurately reflect the reviewers experience. The opinions are their own. Photos credits: NBC Universal, HFPA, Getty Images.