Gone Girl : Book Club Questions
I hope everyone is enjoying/has enjoyed Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
As noted in the original book club post, we’ll be discussing the book tonight (Monday, January 21) at 8PM PST during a live talk on Facebook.
Below are the questions for you to noodle over. See you tonight! Bring your notes and wear your literary hats! If you’re tweeting about the book club, the hashtag is #TTTBC.
QUESTIONS FOR GONE GIRL BOOK CLUB
1. Are you sympathetic to Amy and Nick Dunne at first? When do your feelings about them start to change?
2. Did you initially believe that Nick had something to do with Amy’s disappearance? When did you begin to suspect he was innocent?
3. What did you think about the narration technique? Were the alternating first-person narrations revealing or confusing?
4. How do you think Amy’s relationship with her parents formed her as a person? Do you believe, as Nick said, that they “created” Amy?
5. Do you think Nick would have lived a normal life if he’d never known Amy?
6. Why do you think Amy created a treasure hunt to taunt Nick? What was her purpose? How does this reveal her character?
7. How would you have written the ending of the book? Do you wish it had ended differently?
8. Why do you think it ended as it did? Is this book about two mentally ill, co-dependent people? Or something more?
9. Who do you see playing the parts of Nick and Amy in the movie?
Chat you up tonight!
Disclosure: On occasion, contributors of The Trend Tribe receive products, compensation and/or services gratis or at discounted rates. This practice does not influence the contributor’s point of view or the outcome of the review. All descriptions are factual and accurately reflect the reviewers experience. The opinions are their own.http://www.blogdash.com/full_profile/?claim_code=523a9d5f1ea178645353d0da8adc3a54